Contact Us:

Central Tel: 031.309.5798
Central Fax: 086.610.0308

Durban Central / CBD
1104 Durban Medical Centre (attached to City Hospital)
94 Charlotte Maxeke Street
Durban 4001

On the Ridge
Suite 7 Medical Centre West
Entabeni Hospital
South Ridge Road
Tel: 031.261.1991

N2 Highway / Queen Nandi Drive
Ethekwini Hospital and Heart Centre, Riverhorse Drive
Riverhorse Vally Business Estate
Queen Nandi Drive

Further North
Life Mt Edgecombe Private Hospital
Suite 7 North Coast Medical Centre
163 Redberry Drive
Tel: 031.502.6391

All our facilities have parking available.

Did You Know

If you’re exposed to loud music through MP3 players, disco or taxi music or industrial noise over a protracted period, you may cause non-reversible damage to your hearing?

Did you know

If you find

  • That people often mumble or do not speak clearly
  • You often have to ask people to speak up or repeat themselves
  • It hard to follow a conversation in a crowded room
  • It hard to understand someone who is a short distance away from you
  • That you sometimes do not hear the phone ring
  • That you turn up the TV volume louder than others need to
  • That you seem to hear better in one ear than the other
  • That you find it essential to sit at the front in meetings, church service, etc
  • That you are tense or anxious at meetings and at social gatherings
  • That you have difficulty following a conversation between people in the front or back seat of a car
  • Family and friends make comments about your hearing?

If you answered, “Yes” to one or more of the above questions, you may have a problem with your hearing. Have your hearing checked by your audiologist

If you’re exposed to loud music through MP3 players, disco or taxi music or industrial noise over a protracted period, you may cause non-reversible damage to your hearing?

There are several types of hearing loss, some of which can be successfully treated without the use of an appliance. Your audiologist will be able to measure your hearing loss, advise you on the nature and type of loss you have, and make recommendations on the different treatment options available to you.

There are specialised diagnostic tests available to assess dizziness and balance problems, so that treatment options can be more accurately and effectively applied. You can speak to your doctor about referring you for caloric and electronystagmograhic (ENG) tests.

There are significant recent advances in the assessment and treatment of tinnitus, and your audiologist can make a significant contribution to the assessment and treatment of tinnitus.

Did you know that?

  • Poor school performance
  • Distractible behaviour
  • Poor concentration
  • Poor speech and language development
  • Turning up or going too close to the radio or TV
  • Failure to respond appropriately

Could be early warning signs of possible hearing loss, which could impact on educational and psycho-social development?

That children who have suffered ear infections, had measles, mumps or chickenpox should have a hearing test after recovery to exclude any residual hearing loss

The following guidelines can help parents decide if an assessment by a speech therapist is necessary:

  • Parents concern that the child’s hearing sensitivity is not normal
  • The child appears not to respond to voices and everyday sounds nearby by 6 to 8 weeks
  • The child displays a lack of interest in people and playthings by the age of 3-4 months
  • The child does not babble by 6-10 months
  • The child is not using single words by 20months
  • The child is not using 2-3 word combinations by 24-30 months
  • The child’s speech is not understandable by 3-4 years
  • The child is not using appropriate and acceptable language construction by 4 years
  • The child continues to have articulatory difficulties at approx 4,5 years and older

You are not alone!!You’d be amazed at the number of people who present with symptoms of hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness or vertigo, painful or blocked ears, that are not aware of the help that is available to them. Speak to your audiologist….it could make all the difference!